Monday, December 16, 2013

Cheap Christmas Wreath: from Puny to Grand in 2 Steps

Cheap Christmas Wreath: from Puny to GrandTwo years ago, I bought a very inexpensive wreath and hung it in a rush. We were going away for the holidays and I didn't want the house to look like Scrooge lives here. Plus, the wreath looked a lot bigger in the store.

Last year, I made over the puny wreath. I changed a few things, added a few new embellishments and enlarged the wreath from 8 inches in diameter to 13 inches. You can read the details in Puny Christmas Wreath Makeover.

Cheap Christmas Wreath: from Puny to GrandIt still wasn't grand enough for our entrance ...

READ MORE.

4 comments:

Tina Speece said...

I love the expansion you did with your wreath, it looks SO much nicer with just that little bit of extra love! :)

This probably isn't the right spot to ask, but here goes: do you know of a good glue for paper working that isn't too wet? I have a severe latex allergy and can't use natural rubber products, and all of the PVC glues I've tried (Aleen's, Elmers, the like) are just too blanking wet. I've also tried flour paste but down South it either won't dry or it won't come together right or it's good for a few days and then it starts peeling. Spray adhesives are too messy for the small space I work in (plus they make me wheeze something fierce). I'm about out of ideas and I thought since you're so crafty you might know of something I didn't. :)

Thanks for always having something interesting to share, and I hope you have a happy holiday of whatever flavor you like to celebrate.

Cherie Burbach said...

Never thought of beefing up a wreath like that but it's a good idea.

Jean said...

I love Christmas wreaths! They are so welcoming! We had both live and permanent wreaths and both can be so beautiful, like your wreath you upscaled ... and made it absolutely smashing! Thanks for the tips! :)

jean xox

Tammy said...

That is a good idea...taking something basic and jazzing it up. A real time saver too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails