Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ATCs - All Too Cute, Creative or Craftabulous? You Decide.

ATC SwapHave you done any mail art or artist trading card swaps yet? I enjoy the challenge, the inspiration, meeting new creative people and getting something in the mail other than solicitations and bills. It's exciting to hold these little works of art in one's hands and think about the artist who created them many miles away. You might consider them mini commissioned works of art.

Look at the swap package that just arrived in my mail! This was the most amazing swap yet. June Crawford of A Creative Dream organized it so that each participant would receive, not just one, but seven ATCs. Then she kicked it up a notch by creating a hand doodled, hand bound folder to display the ATCs. All that work ... and each folder original. Thank you, June. You're just too sweet.

ATC SwapThe first in my collection is ...

READ MORE.

6 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

Thanks so much Eileen, these were all so beautifully done and June outdid herself. Thanks for swapping with me. :) Merry Christmas.

Calico Paint said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog, Eileen!

I agree, this was a fantastic swap. I loved the booklet from June's beautiful doodled paper, and the variety of the ATC's was a lot of fun to see. Thanks to everyone for sharing their art.

Best Wishes,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the nice compliments Eileen! This trade surely would've been on my blog if I still did one. However, after taking a blog vacation awhile ago I decided not to return.

I enjoyed June's postcard trade and when the ATC trade came up I jumped right in without hesitation. These two swaps have been the best ones I have ever been in and if June does this next year my hand will go up!

Happy Holidays to you ... from pristine, snowy Nevada, USA ... and I love your blog!

Dotti

Eileen Bergen said...

Thank you, Claudine. I love your blog and am now following. It's great how we meet other like-minded people through these swaps.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Eileen Bergen said...

Amen, Joyce ... thanks to everyone for participating and especially to June. Organizing swaps entails a lot of behind the scenes work. June really goes above and beyond by sharing her own art wuth EVERY participant.

Eileen Bergen said...

Hi Dotti. I sure wish you had a blog where I could see more of your work.

Have you considered starting a Pinterest Board? It's really easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails