Friday, July 19, 2013

Microwave Polymer Clay Recipes Compared


Polymer Clay Gingerbread HouseHello Eileen,

I have been trying to find some info on cold porcelain which it seems no one has really covered.

I live in the highest city in the U.S. at nearly 11,000 feet in elevation.

I've made two different batches of cold porcelain clay thinking maybe I did the first one wrong. I've read a lot about this clay and was told it is supposed to shrink and how easy it is to work with.

1 c. cornstarch
1 c. Elmer's non washable glue
1-2 T. baby oil
1 T. lemon juice

I used the microwave method I found on YouTube.

I have come to find that my clay does not shrink at all when it dries. In fact it does the opposite, it blows up, gets poufy and loses nearly any detail I put into it.

Also it dries very quickly ... too quickly to be "easy to work with". I can't pull it apart, make two small balls and stick them together without glue.

I know the air is very thin where I live. I also know about the pressure blowing things up, what can I do to adjust my recipe and make a usable clay?

Hope you can help ...

READ MORE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails