Thursday, June 20, 2013
I got the list below from EzineArticles. The editors describe it as, "a list of 100 words ... every Expert Author should know to be more concise, descriptive, and engaging".
EzineArticles challenges authors to "Show you're a master of the English language by spicing up your writing with the following words and feel free to share this graphic."
My first thoughts were:
1. What a cool list!
2. I don't know every single word on the list - egads.
3. If every author should know and use these words, shouldn't every reader know them as well?
4. Why not challenge our readers to help spread the words?
So here's my challenge to you, dear readers. Find a word in the list which:
• Has special meaning for you;
• You vaguely remember but couldn't define off the top of your head; or
• You never knew and now do.
Do something artistic and creative with your word. It might be a mixed media journal page, a scrapbook layout, a blog post, or anything else your creative little mind can come up with.
Let us know in the comments what you plan to do and when you're done, you can use the Contact Us form to send me a link if you blogged about the creative wordsmithing you did or a JPG image of what you did.
I'll share any submissions in future posts.