Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Review: What Did you Create to Express Your Love?


Heart Collage OrnamentI hope you had a lovely and love-filled Valentine's Day. Now it's time to reflect and share. What did you create? How did you celebrate? What will be remembered by you and your loved ones about Valentine's Day 2013?

My Valentine's Day Creations

Valentine CheesecakeLovin’ from the Oven: I baked a New York-style cheesecake for a Valentine birthday boy.

Valentine CheesecakeCrafty Objects of Love: I'm making Valentine collage art hearts for two dear friends with February birthdays. One's done and the other is almost ready.

These cute heart ornaments came out of a half hour make-and-take video yesterday taught by Jenn Mason, editor of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.

Thank you, Jenn!

CPS recorded the class and promised to make the video available soon. I'll be sure to let you know.

Each one is unique because we all started with different fabrics, patterned papers, etc. I added some finishing touches and came up with some technique tips which I'll share as well.

valentine RosesA Valentine's Gift that Kept Giving: I bought a bunch of roses at the supermarket Tuesday. I came home with them behind my back and, with a flourish as I presented them, told my husband I had something for him … to give to me for Valentine's!

We shared a laugh, feelings of affection, and the other benefits that sometimes accrue to people in love. My dear husband is not much of a gift giver anymore. But as they say, love will find a way ;-)

What was special about your day? Add your Valentine's 2013 reflections in the comments.

8 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

Let's see... this year I made 203 hand made Valentines for home bound patients, 85 Valentines for those folks at the nursing home where my father is, 6 dozen strawberry cupcakes for the folks at work... and then another pretzel and peanut butter treat for the same folks... surprised one totally random stranger with some of the prettiest roses I'd ever seen from Trader Joe's... and I hate Valentine's Day... go figure, huh?

jinxxxygirl said...

Hubs and i were going out for seafood...think RedLobster...until we saw the line out the door..lol....ended up at chillis eating sliders and fries.......Christmas usually burns us out on gift giving...by the time Valentines Day rolls around its just about spending time together doing something we enjoy....Lovely flowers there Eileen....You did good!
Hugs!deb

Shaaron said...

Yay you got flowers!! That was nice of you.

New York Cheesecake, yummmmm. My mother use to make them. Did you know the story behind the original NY cheesecake? It started at Lindy's Restaurant in NY eons ago and my mother being the traveler that she was got them to give her their recipe. So I have the original Lindy's Cheesecake recipe. They are to die for. I haven't made one for many years now. A lot of work but so worth it.

I spent the day away from home as I had planned a surprise birthday party for a friend. My hubby and I don't really do much for holidays or such events.

Eileen Bergen said...

June, you are truly amazing! I hope you will share photos of some of your creations on your blog. I'd love to see them.

Eileen Bergen said...

Simply pending time together; I like that.

Sometimes I overexert myself so much in the preparations that I don't have the energy to enjoy the event. The worst is when I end up cranky as well!

Eileen Bergen said...

Shaaron, would you share the recipe for the Lindy's cheesecake?!

Cyndi L said...

These are lovely, Eileen! I don't pay overmuch attention to Valentine's Day, but I do make truffles each year. I'll be posting the recipe soon...been working on it and tweaking it for years and I may *finally* have it right!

Eileen Bergen said...

Thank you, Cyndi.

Ooo, please put a link here to your truffle recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails