Thursday, February 07, 2013

Protect Your Original Art on the Internet with Copyright Notice and Low Resolution, Conclusion


Deb Terry Doodle FlowerTuesday, I explained How to Add Digital Watermarks to Original Images in answer to a question from mixed media artist, Deb Terry.

Yesterday's post covered adding a Copyright Notice to your book, blog, and/or website.

Deb Terry Doodle FlowerLow Resolution Images

With Deb's kind permission, I'm using the flower and buds image she's currently working on to illustrate this point. The JPG image just above is how it appears on her blog. The top image shows how I was able to "steal" it from her blog and, within 5 minutes, remove ...

READ MORE.

3 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

I have found my work out there being used by others. Sometimes just sending an email asking them to stop is enough, but other times I have had to resort to a cease and desist letter from an attorney, and a court date.

What I do find interesting is that, all too often people use the work without 1. asking, and 2. attribution.

There are certain circumstances that I am happy to allow someone to use my work for their profit. I have several charity events and groups that I allow to do that. But it does tick me off when I see someone use what I have created and representing it as their own.

I love being able to inspire someone, to encourage, and to promote their very own sense of creativity... that is truly one of the most fulfilling things I can think of. But to have my work represented as their own isn't fair, it's theft... there is a definite difference!

jinxxxygirl said...

Thank you Eileen for taking the time to explain all this....I guess i worry if i use such a low psi people won't be able to see all the detail i've put in a picture......Hugs!deb

Cyndi L said...

Thank you for the reminder, Eileen. I guess I've come to the conclusion that trolls are going to do what they're going to do, and there's not a lot I can do about it. I've had some friends who've been...if you can even believe it...ripped off my major RETAILERS! The good news is that most of them have won their suit. The bad news is that they had to go through the pain and expense of filing in the first place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails