Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cost Comparison of Two Printers: Laser vs. Inkjet for Your Crafting Needs


[Part 1, Laser vs. Inkjet? How You Create Determines Which You Need appeared yesterday.]

Laser Image Transfer to Polyurethane
[Laser Image Transfer to Polyurethane]

Here is the cost comparison between the inkjet and laser printers I currently own. It's only one example. Each model and each technological advance will yield different results.

HP LaserJet CP1025 Color Laser Printer Costs

Original Price: $242 ...

My estimated toner cost per page is then 21.6 cents (3.1 cents black, 5.4 cents each magenta and cyan, plus 7.7 cents yellow).

HP Photosmart D110 Printer Costs

Original Price: $209 ...

Read more.

3 comments:

Kim said...

this was very interesting to me as I have often wondered how much more expensive owning a laser printer would be. Thank you for taking the time to do all this research! I'm on a little bit of a budget right now as we try to pay off our new garage but I think I may need to put a laser printer on my wish list for next year. Excellent post Eileen!!

Eileen Bergen said...

Thank you, Kim.

In the 2 months since I wrote this, my inkjet printer died. So it had a useful life of 2 years. That's in line with my past experience.

My laser printer is now 1 1/2 years old. I'll leave another comment here when it bites the dust. It's my first laser printer, so I don't know what to expect.

Useful life is the last piece of the cost comparison equation.

dapnoecroew said...

Id rather buy a new cartridge long before the other colors run out like what I did to my Hp 364xl yellow.. It's a good choice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails