Friday, January 04, 2013

Card Party Rescue at the 11th Hour


The clock was ticking - like the incessant ticking of a time bomb. Tick tock, tick tock. It drummed a beat in my brain.

The link-up tool at The Artful Crafter Card Care Connection Party was programmed to close down at midnight New Year's Eve. The doors would slam shut. No more entries would be accepted.

A paltry 12 cards had been submitted toward the goal of 100. Though I had six or seven cards in various states of completion on my work table, I was discouraged. I had decided to let the clock run down. Tick tock, tick tock.

At such a rate, it would take nine or 10 years to reach the goal!

It was 1:16 PM on New Year's Eve when a note hit my in-box. Subject: Card Party.

I didn't see it right away. Tick tock, tick tock. About an hour later, I opened the note.

"Hi Eileen,

My daughter and I have been doing Ann Curry's 26 Acts of Kindness in honour of the children and teachers in Newtown. Your post about Card Care Connection inspired Act #12.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Darlene"

Cards by Darlene and DaughterAttached was a JPEG file with, not one, but six cards made by Darlene and her daughter! I was overwhelmed.

I was also touched that our little card party idea had gotten caught up in the outpouring of kindness in response to the horrific killing of 26 kindergarten children and teachers in Connecticut.

At 4:12, I received Darlene's permission to link their submissions into our Card Party Gallery.

"Yes, go ahead and share the idea and the photo.

Making the cards was good for both of us. I never would have thought of it without your blog."

I was re-inspired to keep the card party campaign going.

I rushed over to reset the clock on our gallery collection at inLinkz.

Long story short - resetting the clock was not easy. Tick tock, tick tock.

By 6:00 PM, with only 6 hours remaining on the clock at inLinkz, my hubby and I managed to reset the party to terminate 12/31/2013 or whenever we reach 100 cards – as originally intended!

At 7:00, we sat down to dinner for the loveliest New Year's Eve I've had in years.

Learn about the thumbnail tool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails