Thursday, December 06, 2012
These are so cute you'll probably want to make several, perhaps in different colors.
You can use these darling gift bags for a gift card, for money, or any little trinket. Wrap the contents in tissue paper for a more festive look, plus a bit more mystery.
• 3/4-inch bell
• 5 1/2-inches of 1/2-inch wide ribbon
• 3 1/2-inches of 1/8-inch wide ribbon, cording or 2-ply yarn
• Two 3 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch pieces light blue felt
• Two 1 3/4-inch x 4 1/2-inch pieces light blue felt
• One 1 7/8-inch x 3 1/2-inch piece light blue felt
• 1 small piece of tan felt – about 2 1/2 x 3 inches
• 13 red 1/4-inch rhinestones
• Scribbles brand black and red fabric paint or brand of your choice (must have a tiny hole squeeze tip for drawing) OR a small needle and black and red embroidery floss as is used here - fabric paint is easier to do.
• Aleene's Tacky Glue
• 2-ply red embroidery floss – about 1 yard
• Embroidery needle
• Sewing machine (or you can stitch the bag together by hand)
• Deer template
Click for the Darling Reindeer Gift Card Mini-Bags directions.
Don't miss out on a chance to win a free copy of Margot Potter's latest book or the grand prize worth $150! Go to Shamelessly Promoting Margot Potter and Me for details. Entries close midnight tomorrow.