Thursday, November 15, 2012
This charming Christmas Advent Calendar will add to your holiday decor, delight kids of all ages, and be used for years to come.
Place a little treat or gift in each stocking. When the date arrives, untie the bow and take the stocking down for the child. You can then replace it or leave it off until next year when the calendar appears anew.
For younger children, the decreasing number of stockings provides a visual answer to the perennial question, "Is it Christmas yet?!"
• Twelve 9 x 12-inch felt panels in your choice of colors
• Various sequins, rhinestones, buttons, silk flowers or any other embellishments
• Various types of ribbon and trim, enough to go across the top of each stocking (4 3/8 inches for each)
• Glitter glue with fine tip applicator in several different color (e.g. Studio brand)
• 6-ply embroidery floss in several colors
• Embroidery needle
• Medium weight cardboard for the pattern pieces
• Aleene's Tacky Glue
• Twenty-five 12-inch red pipe cleaners cut in half
• 2 Command hooks with adhesive backing strip
• 7 ft. of 3 mm 32-ply Darice Craft Designer Macrame Cord or any other sturdy cording
• Stocking template and lightweight cardboard to make pattern
Click on the template image to open the 8 1/2 x 11-inch version in a new tab.
Print the stocking template (make sure the printer orientation is set to portrait). Cut out the two pieces. Trace around them on the cardboard and cut out the patterns.
From one sheet of felt cut a front and back plus a hanger. Each felt panel will make one stocking.
Place the front and back of each stocking together and stitch around the sides by hand using embroidery thread and a running or blanket stitch.
We'll finish this Christmas Stocking Advent Calendar tomorrow. Please come back.