Friday, October 19, 2012

Knit and Crochet Combine in Red Heart Sashay Yarn

Hi Eileen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to research where I might get custom made yarn in Canada [I'll be Darned – You Can design Your Own Custom Yarn!]. That's a cool store and quite funny with the husband in the video, made me laugh.

I am looking for who actually makes the Sashay yarn or the mill which makes Sashay yarn as it comes already crocheted. Then you just knit to make the scarf.

I don't crochet and it would take me twice as long to make the scarf if I had to crochet it. I did send a message to that store in Portland just to see if they can have it already crocheted but no luck.

I'm looking for the mill which makes the Sashay yarn to make a dark blue and canary yellow crochet as it goes with my daughter's hockey team colors.

Regards,
Kelli
Hi Kelli,

Boy – learn something new every day. I'd never heard of a yarn that comes already crocheted.

Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn, which is made by Coats & Clark, looks amazing! It actually looks like a ribbon of lacy crochet. Stretch it width-wise and you can see the crocheted pattern as it will appear when knit together and pulled open.

I may even take up my knitting needles again.

Here's a very instructive Coats & Clark video on how to knit with Sashay yarn.

Regards,
Eileen

4 comments:

Cyndi L said...

I bookmarked that site you found about the store in Portland, Eileen, but I forgot to tell you. The next time we go to visit Dani, I am planning a trip :-)

Jean said...

This is fantastic! Especally for me, a material girl who cannot crochet!!! thanks! jean

Eileen Bergen said...

I knew youwould love the Yarnia concept, Cyndi. Have fun!

Eileen Bergen said...

It's also fantastic for people who don't have time to crochet, Jean. Imagine how much time yoou save with Sashay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails