Monday, April 16, 2012

Mixed Media Butterfly Tags Add Sparkle to Any Gift

Mixed Media Butterfly Gift TagsThese last minute gift tags came out so cute, I wanted to share the idea with you.

Mixed Media Butterfly Gift TagsYou can use precut card stock shapes, cut your own by hand or die cut them like I did. You can do the embossing the old fashioned way as well; but that would be a bit tedious.

With the right equipment, these cards are really quick and easy.

I used:

Xyron Creatopia to both cut and emboss the butterflies
Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss Butterflies set
Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo
• Tim Holtz Adirondack Earthtones Alcohol Inks and Applicator
• Dr. Ph. Martin's inkPak Iridescent Paint Pad in Bronze
• Studio g (mini) Alphabet Stamp Set
• Pitt Black Superfine Pen
• Scraps of white card stock
• Hole punch
• Gold cord

How I made the Butterfly Tags

Mixed Media Butterfly Gift TagsPosition a scrap of card stock on the die cut plate and run through the die cut machine. Repeat for as many tags as you want.

Position each butterfly in an embossing folder and run through an embossing machine. The Cuttlebug Butterflies set comes with four different embossing designs.

Mixed Media Butterfly Gift TagsRub distress ink around the edges and over the embossed side of each tag to darken.

Use the thin felt applicator to dab alcohol inks randomly around the edges and over the embossing. [BTW, I re-use the felt pads.]

Stamp the person's name across the butterfly’s body. Outline the letters in black to make them stand out.

Mixed Media Butterfly Gift TagsPunch hanging hole in each tag; thread with gold cord; and tie the tag to the gift.

One thing I would do differently next time: decorate both sides as shown here, but always stamp the names on the debossed side.

I don't like the look of Martha's and Christina's names just pasted on top.


4 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

These butterflies are lovely! I must say i think you have a crafty machine for everything!! It sure seems to make your crafty life easier. :)Just beautiful!

I just posted some pics of some mailart i made just before moving if you want to take a peek......Hugs! deb

Eileen Bergen said...

I do love my craft toys ;-)

Thank you, Deb.

Your mail art is wonderful!

Cherie said...

I love these. Those Tim Holtz products are the best.

ACreativeDreamer said...

So the touch of spring I need right now in the cold depths of winter! They are just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails