Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Do It Yourself Floral Lampshade Creates Soft Glow in Child's Room or Bath

This sweet lampshade gives a soft glow and is perfect as a night light in a bathroom or child's room.

DIY Floral LampshadeSupplies:

• 1 small lampshade – this one is 6 inches in diameter at the bottom, 5 inches tall and 3 inches diameter at the top
• Glue gun
• Scissors
• 1 bunch of small artificial flowers in color of your choice (approx. 100 flowers about 1 inch in diameter (save money by looking for bunches with many blossoms on them)

Directions:

Cut all the flowers off the stems leaving 1/4-inch stem. Cut a few of the leaves off and set aside.

Starting at the top of the lampshade rim, glue the flowers fairly close to each other. On the second row down, place the flowers so that they are not directly underneath each other.

Continue around the lampshade until it is completely covered with flowers. Make sure your last row covers the band at the bottom of the lampshade.

Glue a few leaves here and there, especially where there are any gaps. Stop when you've got a balanced design that pleases your eye.

DIY Floral Lampshade


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine. Did you acquired lots of links and I see lots of trackbacks??

jinxxxygirl said...

This would make such a cute little accent lamp. There sure are some beautiful artificial flowers out there these days. Hugs! deb

jinxxxygirl said...

I have a question for you my Queen of Crafting! :) Rainy season here in CA is about over but even after just a week or two of living here i've decided that i need to purchase an umbrella before the NEXT rainy season. :) I'm thinking of doodling either on a black umbrella with white or visa versa. Do you have any idea how the umbrella material takes to different media?? Say a Sharpie versus a paint pen.....would it just wash a way in the rain or maybe crack when i fold up the umbrella......have you ever tried this??? Questions, questions....but i could think of noone better to ask than you! Hugs! deb

Eileen Bergen said...

Thank you, An. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know :-D

Ooo boy, you caught me on this question. I'm the crafty part of our team, not the techie.

I think you're referring to 1-to-1 link exchanges. We don't do those because the gurus say that Google penalizes you for that.

I have no idea what trackbacks are. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Eileen Bergen said...

Thanks, Deb.

I'll get back to you on the umbrella question. Are you thinking of a cloth or plastic one? I don't think anything would stay on a plastic umbrella; but cloth ... there are several ways to do it.

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm thinking the cloth ones ....i think....aren't they made out of nylon??

Eileen Bergen said...

Yes, they usually are nylon, Deb.

Shaaron said...

About the umbrella idea I think they are mostly made of a rip stop nylon so I would think a fabric dye would work. I think you might need to use a resist for outlining any details. I hope to hear how this goes. If you bought a plastic one I think permanent Sharpies would work well on it and you could look up and enjoy your handiwork.

Eileen Bergen said...

Have you done this, Shaaron? I think the DWR (durable water repellent) coating would resist/repel dye.

If you have time, please look at my answer to Deb about the Difficulties of Painting Nylonand see if you can suggest anything else.

Thanks so much for adding your extensive craft experience to this quest!

Tammy said...

This is so cute! I could imagine a pink one too in a little girl's room.

Cherie said...

Oh boy do I love this project! So sweet. Love the color and style and everything... now I'm wondering where this might go in my house. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails