Monday, December 19, 2011

Crafters are Easy to Shop for. Here are Some Tips for the Crafters on Your Holiday List.

GiftsIs there a crafter on your gift roster?

People who craft, love to receive useful and inspiring gifts. There is no shortage of items that crafters will appreciate.

Whether you opt to contribute to their stock of supplies, add a little more weight to their toolbox, or simply provide them with a meaningful gift for inspiration, crafters will be incredibly grateful to receive a craft-related present.

Materials and Supplies

Crafters are in constant need of new materials. Most people who craft like to keep a healthy inventory of the supplies that they frequently use. Knitters stock up on yarns, scrapbookers stash paper, and beaders acquire tons of beads in every shape and size.

When money's tight and the supplies are running low, every crafter appreciates a little help in the form of a gift.

Finding items a crafter would love to receive involves nothing more than a quick trip to your own local craft supply store.

For even greater ease, try shopping online. Many online vendors will ship gifts directly to the recipient, gift-wrapped, and with a card.

For easy one-stop gift shopping, Amazon now has a dedicated section for Arts, Crafts & Sewing. If you want a subcategory like crochet, just type that into the Crafts search box and the most popular items in that category will show up on top.

Come back tomorrow for More Tips for the Crafters on Your Holiday List.


7 comments:

Debbie @ Work Your Art said...

I love this. Crafters are usually the type of person that already have EVERYTHING they need, because they usually stack up a lot of materials to be used in the future (yes, I'm talking about *me* also ;)).

Eileen Bergen said...

Hi, Debbie. Well, if you're the rare crafter who doesn't have a wish list of supplies or neat new gadgets, be sure to read tomorrow's post.

I'm sure you'll find gift ideas there to suit you ;-)

Maybe it's because I'm an eclectic crafter and move from one craft to another as often as I change underwear; but I frequently don't have just what I need for my current project.

Thanks for stopping by.

Debbie @ Work Your Art said...

Thanks Eileen, I'll be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what you've come up with. Goodies, goodies!

Cyndi L said...

I used to spend all year filling up a big box of supplies for my daughter when she was young. I'd just buy whatever was on sale each week or so, and by Christmas time she'd have a fabulous package to dive into!

Eileen Bergen said...

That's wonderful, Cyndi. My mother fostered my interest in arts and crafts in the same way. I'm forever grateful. I bet Dani is too.

Cherie said...

Cyndi: that's a great idea.
Eileen: I love that you're writing about this. I try and buy some of the crafters on my list things for their hobby and they always appreciate it. There's always a wish list when you're a crafter.

Eileen Bergen said...

I wonder if there's a job opportunity here: personal shoppers for crafters. there seem to be enough of us who would love to do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails