Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Here’s a (certified by Miss SmArty) kid-friendly craft to get you and the kids through one of the upcoming snow days with smiles on your faces and Christmas Cheer in your heart. The endless variety of possible options in shape and complexity make this project suitable for kids of all ages.
These ornaments made using large-hole acrylic beads are quick and easy to make. They can be done in a variety of shapes from simple candy canes and icicles to the bird cage shown above.
Three variations are provided in this tutorial.
• 1 Package acrylic multi-colored faceted beads (with holes large enough to string on chenille “pipe cleaner” stems)
• Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
• Wire cutters
• Ornament #1
1. 4 chenille stems (pipe cleaners) any color
2. 1 Black chenille stem
3. 1 Small craft bird
4. Heavy duty thread or 2 strands of embroidery floss any color
• Ornament #2 – 4 chenille stems any color
• Ornament #3 – 1 chenille stem any color
Here are the instructions for the first acrylic Christmas ornament variation.
Tags: kids craft, holiday craft, snow day craft project, craft tutorial, Christmas tree ornaments, craft ideas, Christmas craft